Peace Baptist Church: About
Greetings in Christ!
It is our desire to live our lives solely for the glory of Christ, by means of His grace alone and upon the foundation of His Word alone. It is with a great sense of awe and joy of heart that we continue to serve the Lord together.
Our greatest goal as a church is to proclaim the majesty of Jesus Christ the Lamb of God. It is our prayer that our every word spoken and action taken would be devoted to the service of the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
Psalm 100:3: Know that the Lord Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
The Beauty and Simplicity of the Church
There are many different concepts of what a church is, but we must ask the question - what does the Bible have to say about this precious and unique institution? From the very beginning, the church (the body of Christ) has always been defined by seven essential qualities:
1. They were a community of redeemed people (Acts 2:41).
2. They were continually devoted to studying God's Word (Acts 2:42a).
3. As a church they ceaselessly sought out godly fellowship (Acts 2:42b).
4. They regularly broke bread together, thereby contemplating the Lord's sacrifice on the cross (Acts 2:42c).
5. They were devoted to prayer, individually and corporately as a church (Acts 2:42d).
6. They were filled with the affections of godly reverence (Acts 2:43), and great joy (Acts 2:46) in all their endeavors.
7. They did not exist for their own sakes, but for the glory of Christ through the advancement of the Gospel in this world (Acts 2:47).
When one considers these seven essential qualities of a local church, we are reminded of the fact that godliness does not consist of mere programs alone, but in the individual and corporate commitment of true believers to the Lord Jesus Christ. Whatever else a church may endeavor to do in life and ministry, these aforementioned qualities are essential for the glory of God. Without these essentials, any church will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ (2 Corinthians 11:3).
The Joy and Privilege of our Calling
As a body, we all are filled with a great sense of awe and wonder at how the Lord continues to give us opportunities to share the message of true hope through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is my hope and prayer that this website will give you a sound challenge and encouragement from God's Word.